Forum: Ruby XML library with validation

444c7d8579d3389a76c8497f5cb66c13?d=identicon&s=25 M.W. Mitchell (goodieboy)

I'm looking for a library that can validate xml against a dtd or
schema. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you,
Matt
05e4e83c87a5700958fcb3efa8951a06?d=identicon&s=25 vasudevram (Guest)
On Jun 1, 11:46 pm, goodieboy <goodie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a library that can validate xml against a dtd or
> schema. Anyone have any recommendations?
>
> Thank you,
> Matt

I'm not sure of this, but I think existing Ruby XML libraries don't
support validation - yet. (This is based on my recollection of
something I read in the book "Enterprise Integration with Ruby" -
publishers: The Pragmatic Bookshelf). If anyone has any different
info, I'd like to hear it myself, as I could use the feature. That
book also shows how to use xmllint from Ruby, though, which may or may
not meet your needs, but can be of help in general.

Vasudev Ram
http://www.dancingbison.com