Forum: Radiant CMS Recommended Install Approach

671a594c8e50842418749070324bf64c?d=identicon&s=25 Marty Haught (Guest)
Hi Guys,

I currently have several radiant apps that are all installed off the
svn trunk (some of which are no longer up-to-date).  I've seen mention
of the preferred way of installing Radiant as switching back to the
gem and perhaps going with instance mode if you think you'll be
modifying any code.  Is this the case or do you recommend I just stick
with the trunk?  If you do recommend the trunk are there any
tags/revisions I should target instead of the latest?

Cheers,
Marty
6ec6f77ea603dd75b3a7a7775b059e79?d=identicon&s=25 John W. Long (Guest)
Marty Haught wrote:
> I currently have several radiant apps that are all installed off the
> svn trunk (some of which are no longer up-to-date).  I've seen mention
> of the preferred way of installing Radiant as switching back to the
> gem and perhaps going with instance mode if you think you'll be
> modifying any code.  Is this the case or do you recommend I just stick
> with the trunk?  If you do recommend the trunk are there any
> tags/revisions I should target instead of the latest?

Instance mode is the preferred way of running Radiant now. And you can
still run off of trunk, it's just a whole lot easier in instance mode:

rake radiant:freeze:edge

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com