Forum: Ferret Ferret.donate(Money.aus_dollar(200))

28c237c0c414b644082bfcde4e42b309?d=identicon&s=25 John Leach (Guest)
Remember folks, we can support the Ferret project by donating warm soft
electronic cash to the author, Dave Balmain, using the paypal buttons on
the website:

http://ferret.davebalmain.com/trac

http://ferret.davebalmain.com/trac/wiki/DonationsFAQ

We can also buy the Ferret Shortcut pdf/book from O'Reilly, also written
by Dave Balmain.  It's awesome good:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596527853/index.html

Many of us probably use Ferret via the acts_as_ferret Rails plugin by
Jens Kraemer.  He doesn't stipulate how he'd like to be supported, so
until he chooses to clarify otherwise, I'd recommend that if you see him
in the street buy him lunch[1].  He looks like this:

http://www.xing.com/profile/Jens_Kraemer2

Keep a close eye out for him.

Happy Ferreting,

John[2].

[1] Check his dietary requirements first.
[2] Random disinterested third party - not involved in the consumption
of donations.
--
http://johnleach.co.uk
Cdff2cc7b20bc42b9e43520091c576df?d=identicon&s=25 Alain Ravet (Guest)
> We can also buy the Ferret Shortcut pdf/book from O'Reilly, also written
  > by Dave Balmain.  It's awesome good:
  > http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596527853/index.html

How funny : a book about indexing, .... without an index!

Alain
C9dd93aa135988cabf9183d3210665ca?d=identicon&s=25 Jens Kraemer (Guest)
On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 10:44:26PM +0100, John Leach wrote:
[..]

> Many of us probably use Ferret via the acts_as_ferret Rails plugin by
> Jens Kraemer.  He doesn't stipulate how he'd like to be supported, so
> until he chooses to clarify otherwise, I'd recommend that if you see him
> in the street buy him lunch[1].  He looks like this:
>
> http://www.xing.com/profile/Jens_Kraemer2
>
> Keep a close eye out for him.

Thanks John :-)

In fact I made a small list of things people can do to support aaf
a while ago:

http://www.jkraemer.net/projects/acts_as_ferret

Regarding the lunch - always appreciated :-) Btw, if anybody wants to
meet me in person, good opportunities to do so are Rails-Konferenz[1]
and RailsConf Europe[2].

cheers,
Jens

[1] http://www.rails-konferenz.de/