Forum: Ruby on Rails how to create a simple DHTML dialog

56eb877c42e47774db729bcfb8cad46f?d=identicon&s=25 sbeam (Guest)
I am looking to create a simple dialog window like this on a page:

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/...

I know scriptaculous comes with Rails, not YUI, but I can't find
anything similar there. Is there any shortcut to doing this with
existing plugins or core stuff?, or must I download another toolkit?

thanks
Sam
9338c9a8ebddbcd4035280e6d0d52c31?d=identicon&s=25 James Brooks (Guest)

You could have a look at lightbox variants, I haven't had too in-depth a
look though I've worked on a project using lightbox in rails and it
worked
rather nicely.
http://swik.net/Rails+lightbox

Cheers,
  James
Ba3a00606eb530dcab2c4a6a59bf366d?d=identicon&s=25 Alain Ravet (Guest)
Sam,

  > I am looking to create a simple dialog window like this on a page:

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/...

This library is actively maintained:

   http://prototype-window.xilinus.com
   http://prototype-window.xilinus.com/samples.html

Its theming options let you tube the way it looks like :
   http://prototype-window.xilinus.com/themes.html

  > I know scriptaculous comes with Rails, ...

For javascript and prototype in Rails questions, there is another list :

   http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-spinoffs

--
Alain Ravet
--------