Forum: Ruby Mobile (Cellular) programming libraries?

B34868fa4e124920f59ab049cf017249?d=identicon&s=25 chuckmcknight@gmail.com (Guest)
Hi All,

Is anyone currently working on anything to implement WAP Push, SMPP,
etc. as a set of Ruby libraries?

Thanks!

Chuck
Dcef09335767135acb26ecfebbc65198?d=identicon&s=25 Enrique Comba Riepenhausen (Guest)
On 30 May 2007, at 00:25, chuckmcknight@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is anyone currently working on anything to implement WAP Push, SMPP,
> etc. as a set of Ruby libraries?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chuck

Hi Chuck!

We are currently working on Rannel (http://rannel.rubyforge.org).
Rannel is for the moment an interface (offer libraries) to access
Kannel, the open source WAP/SMS Gateway. We plan into the future to
implement the SMPP stack into Rannel, so to eliminate the need of a
Kannel installation.

Cheers

----
Enrique Comba Riepenhausen
ecomba@mac.com

I always thought Smalltalk would beat Java, I just didn't know it
would be called 'Ruby' when it did.
-- Kent Beck
B19b02a49b433c9e2e6e6c43785d2bfb?d=identicon&s=25 James Tucker (Guest)
chuckmcknight@gmail.com wrote:

Working on proprietary TETRA protocols here.