Forum: GNU Radio really need suggestions for operating on big blocks of data

57371349a0e4580b0362a0441ef5094b?d=identicon&s=25 Vincenzo Pellegrini (Guest)
sorry Eric,

I really haven't found a proper way to operate (actually to do
interleaving) on blocks of 6048 items of one byte, as requested by the
standard I'm trying to implement.

maybe this is because it's not very clear to me which way the function
work is called at runtime and how the value of noutput_items is

please, I'm really in need of some help, because what I've written so
far really seems to produce decent output, but I'm stuck on my
interleaver block.

i think that there's somenthing on gnuradio architecture that I have

I hope you can give me some suggestions or point me towards some code
that already operates on such big blocks...

best regards

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 07:30:08PM +0200, Vincenzo Pellegrini wrote:
> please, I'm really in need of some help, because what I've written so
> best regards
> vincenzo

You may need to write your block based on gr_block, and implement
general_work.  Doing that, you will be able to (have to) manage all
intermediate state yourself.  You should accept the default
output_multiple (which is 1) and accept all available input.  When
you've got a full interleaved block ready for output, produce it,
otherwise produce 0 output, but consume the input, and accrue your
internal interleaver state.