Forum: Radiant CMS Missing admin tabs and extensions!

0f23c9eeddf9cb0080723d8da2124c43?d=identicon&s=25 Jonathan Métillon (jmetillon)

I just created a new radiant app, with the usual "radiant appname"
command. Then I did the usual steps: creating config/database.yml, the
production database, bootstrapping the database, changing owner of
files for the web server user, configuring and restarting web server.

Then when I log into the admin, everything seems ok, I can even create
a homepage. But I don't see the  Pages  |  Snippets  |  Layouts  tabs!
And there is no extensions, not even the default Markdown and Textile.

I noticed the if I manually go to the admin/snippets page for example,
it works. It's just the tab that's missing.

I was using 0.6.0 so I upgraded to 0.6.1 and rebuilt the entire app,
restarted web server and processes but no more luck.

What is very weird is that my precedent app still has all tabs and
extensions working. How can they disappear in my new app?

How can I get my tabs and default extensions back?

Thanks!

J.M.
On 5/28/07, Jonathan Métillon <jmetillon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Then when I log into the admin, everything seems ok, I can even create
> a homepage. But I don't see the  Pages  |  Snippets  |  Layouts  tabs!
> And there is no extensions, not even the default Markdown and Textile.

Just to be sure, I copied the two default extensions from
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/radiant-0.6.1/vendor/extensions/ to
my app's vendor/extension dir and restarted the processes. Not better.

Also I read from the Radiant list that non-"Developer" users are not
shown the tabs. So I created a new user with "Developer" and
"Administrator" powers. But with this user, I don't see the tabs
neither.

J.M.
0f23c9eeddf9cb0080723d8da2124c43?d=identicon&s=25 Jonathan Métillon (jmetillon)
On 5/28/07, Jonathan Métillon <jmetillon@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also I read from the Radiant list that non-"Developer" users are not
> shown the tabs. So I created a new user with "Developer" and
> "Administrator" powers. But with this user, I don't see the tabs
> neither.

Forget that. I killed -9 every ruby and lighttpd processes and
restarted it, and now it's running the correct Radiant 0.6.1 (gem)
with tabs and extensions ;-)

Dunno why it did not correctly reloaded when I used
script/process/reaper.

Anyway, thanks for reading me!

J.M.