Forum: Ruby on Rails How to add an event directly to a web calendar

11bffb04a727548fe63894fe17196370?d=identicon&s=25 Kevin Lee (Guest)
on 2007-05-28 02:50
I don't really have a good idea conceptually of how to add an event a
user selected to a web calendar such as Google Calendar without first
generate a .ics (iCal) file and then import it manually to the calendar
application.  I would like to save the user this step but have not found
concrete information on how to do so.  Does this involve WWW::Mechanize,
Net::Http, and XML data?  I would appreciate an outline of steps
involved to achieve this.

Thanks in advance!
Bcbb8f89441d8feffa6819ef4d5373ee?d=identicon&s=25 Josh (Guest)
Hi Kevin,

Google does have a set of APIs for accessing their products.  I'm not
sure how these would work together with Rails, but probably fine.

Check out:  http://code.google.com/

Josh

On May 27, 5:50 pm, Kevin Lee <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
1f36de0ab637612b390bbc4ac52b0b80?d=identicon&s=25 huard.elise@gmail.com (Guest)
I'm in the process of doing something like that myself.
Like Josh said, they don't have a Rails API/module, but they give
specs about the protocol used.
http://code.google.com/apis/calendar/developers_gu...
basically, it's XML over HTTP.  I think we can do something with that.
I'm still figuring it out myself.

Elise
117c05f7a1ab52e9d48f536735d9324c?d=identicon&s=25 le colibri (Guest)
Kevin Lee wrote:
> --

Kevin,

checkout this site: <http://benjamin.francisoud.googlepages.com/