Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 GLib-GObject:ERROR:gsignal.c:711:emission_pop: code should not be reached

8e6374c0ef7b66942f34798e31edf014?d=identicon&s=25 "Dobai-Pataky Bálint" <dpblnt@gmail.com> (Guest)
This is what i can reproduce in a complex situation, where there are
lots of TreeViews, loading data in background threads, and sending
notifications to each other.
This error sometimes comes up, when the cursor of one TreeView is on a
row and the that row's sensitivity is changed from a background thread.
**
GLib-GObject:ERROR:gsignal.c:711:emission_pop: code should not be
reached

Is it easy to identify?
Should i torture myself to write an example code that reproduces it?

Thanks
C838db9af1d90a87a828ecad8556b804?d=identicon&s=25 Guillaume Cottenceau (Guest)
You should provide example code that reproduces it otherwise little can
be done.

Oh, and by the way, are you calling GTK stuff only from the main ruby
thread? Otherwise, it's as simple as that. No GTK (rg2) calls from
supplementary ruby threads.

Guillaume Cottenceau - http://zarb.org/~gc/
On 02/15/2011 07:12 PM, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> You should provide example code that reproduces it otherwise little can be done.
>
> Oh, and by the way, are you calling GTK stuff only from the main ruby
> thread? Otherwise, it's as simple as that. No GTK (rg2) calls from
> supplementary ruby threads.
Are you sure about this?
I remember that there was something about the Gtk thread stuff, and we
do not need to take care about that, rg2 does that by checking if the
call is from the main thread.
Am I wrong about this?
>> Is it easy to identify?
>> Find and fix more than 250 security defects in the development cycle.
>> Locate bottlenecks in serial and parallel code that limit performance.
>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devfeb

Dobai-Pataky Balint
8e6374c0ef7b66942f34798e31edf014?d=identicon&s=25 "Dobai-Pataky Bálint" <dpblnt@gmail.com> (Guest)
The attached ruby gtk2 thread should not work if threads were not
handled well.
I tested rg2 0.16 with this one, which crashed the VM.
8e6374c0ef7b66942f34798e31edf014?d=identicon&s=25 "Dobai-Pataky Bálint" <dpblnt@gmail.com> (Guest)
The attached script reproduces it.
It is not related to insensitivity, it's about TreeView.set_cursor, have
to call it from different threads at about the same time, and got to
listen to TreeView's cursor-changed event.

Thanks for asking for this, now I know what it is, I might be able to
avoid it.
Balint