Forum: GNU Radio Proper use of daughterboard_id()

63d6de710dcc83e3c19af98ab6c401d7?d=identicon&s=25 Marcus Leech (Guest)
I need to understand how to get daughterboard_id() to work correctly
when the user selects the daughtercard
  on the command line.  Basically, how to map the "subdev" type used in
selecting the daughtercard into the
  type used by daughterboard_id().
On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 11:25:02PM -0400, Marcus Leech wrote:
> I need to understand how to get daughterboard_id() to work correctly
> when the user selects the daughtercard
>   on the command line.  Basically, how to map the "subdev" type used in
> selecting the daughtercard into the
>   type used by daughterboard_id().

Marcus, I'm not sure I'm following your question.

This mapping is handled automatically for you when when you do:

  u = usrp.source_c(...)

The classes that are used to handle the daughterboards are already
instantiated for you, and are available in u.db

See gr-usrp/src/usrp.py

Eric