Forum: Ruby on Rails Tree view

28a4d1b683ec25e1d0312a2a90f63b6f?d=identicon&s=25 Damaris Fuentes (damaris)
on 2007-05-25 23:03
Hi you all,

I'm searching for a happy plugin or generator to create a tree view for
data which don't come from ActiveRecord, but from a file.
I've seen TreeView [1] can save me :D
Have you use it?
Do you have any other idea?
Thanks

[1] http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/LiveTree
28a4d1b683ec25e1d0312a2a90f63b6f?d=identicon&s=25 Damaris Fuentes (damaris)
on 2007-05-27 01:30
Damaris Fuentes wrote:
> Hi you all,
>
> I'm searching for a happy plugin or generator to create a tree view for
> data which don't come from ActiveRecord, but from a file.
> I've seen TreeView [1] can save me :D
> Have you use it?
> Do you have any other idea?
> Thanks
>
> [1] http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/LiveTree

Well, I've already downloaded it and, even though I've downloaded the
examples, I cannot certainly know how can I handle it to manage non-AR
data. The example for non-AR data in the livetree examples has an array
with data in the controller; how can I manage to do the stuff from a
real non-AR-model class?

Can anybody help me? If so, I can explain in detail which my problems
are.

Thanks :(