Forum: Ruby on Rails How to make dynamic index page

7f6cf13130924a90ab4047f482208fd5?d=identicon&s=25 Anjan Doshi (anjan)
on 2007-05-25 09:15
I m new with ruby so I have query regarding index.html page. In Ruby if
i want dynamic index page in public folder  where data is coming
dynamically then in index.html page how can i display tht. I cant do tht
in html page.

Is there any other way to make index page dynamic.

So plz help me out to solve this problem.

Thanks
Anjan.
Cb98c59a6ff22c72676e756bbd28f266?d=identicon&s=25 Jacob Atzen (Guest)
Anjan Doshi wrote:
> I m new with ruby so I have query regarding index.html page. In Ruby if
> i want dynamic index page in public folder  where data is coming
> dynamically then in index.html page how can i display tht. I cant do tht
> in html page.
>
> Is there any other way to make index page dynamic.

You simply remove the index.html file from the public folder. Then you
map a route to the empty url like:

map.connect '', :controller => 'some_controller', :action => 'index'

--
Cheers,
- Jacob Atzen
Jacob Atzen wrote:
> Anjan Doshi wrote:
>> I m new with ruby so I have query regarding index.html page. In Ruby if
>> i want dynamic index page in public folder  where data is coming
>> dynamically then in index.html page how can i display tht. I cant do tht
>> in html page.
>>
>> Is there any other way to make index page dynamic.
>
> You simply remove the index.html file from the public folder. Then you
> map a route to the empty url like:
>
> map.connect '', :controller => 'some_controller', :action => 'index'
>
> --
> Cheers,
> - Jacob Atzen

Thanks a lot