Forum: GNU Radio installing USRP on Ubuntu 7.04

3f6601f3b4e796bda033836bc6a9f4a3?d=identicon&s=25 Adrian Kueng (Guest)

I have some problems with the installation of the USRP on Ubuntu 7.04
„Feisty“.
For this installation I use the BuildingGuid from GNU Radio:
http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UbuntuInstall

The first Problem I get by compiling GNU Radio. When I enter the command
make, the follow Errors occurre:
make:
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [test_mblock] Fehler 1
make[5]: Verlasse Verzeichnis
'/home/eakueng/qwt-5.0.1/gnuradio/mblock/src/lib'
make[4]: *** [all] Fehler 2
make[4]: Verlasse Verzeichnis
'/home/eakueng/qwt-5.0.1/gnuradio/mblock/src/lib'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[3]: Verlasse Verzeichnis
'/home/eakueng/qwt-5.0.1/gnuradio/mblock/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/eakueng/qwt-5.0.1/gnuradio/mblock'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/eakueng/qwt-5.0.1/gnuradio'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2
eakueng@FHZN0000766:~/qwt-5.0.1/gnuradio$

Dose any body now, what I have to do in order to fix this Errors?

The second problem is, that I get an error when I like to the follow
gnuradio-example:
Python Inteface to the USRP:
./benchmark_usb.py
eakueng@FHZN0000766:~/gnuradio$ cd gnuradio-examples/python/usrp
eakueng@FHZN0000766:~/gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/usrp$
./benchmark_usb.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./benchmark_usb.py", line 31, in <module>
    from gnuradio import usrp
ImportError: cannot import name usrp
eakueng@FHZN0000766:~/gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/usrp$

Meight be this problem is a result of my first problem.

Thanks for help.

Adi

Adrian Kueng wrote:
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
> make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/eakueng/qwt-5.0.1/gnuradio'
> make: *** [all] Fehler 2
> eakueng@FHZN0000766:~/qwt-5.0.1/gnuradio$
>
> Dose any body now, what I have to do in order to fix this Errors?

Do you have any more of the output before this point?

It seems as if you're failing on the mblock code, which is relatively
new.  Eric will
probably provide you better feedback on this error, but try to get us
move of your output
around the error.

In the meantime you can try disabling the m-block code, which will still
give you a
functional USRP with GNU Radio:

./configure --disable-mblock

Then make it again.

- George
821c1adf3f4be2f2aa6fbc89cce4c69a?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Dickens (Guest)
Adi - Are you trying to compile GNU Radio from SVN trunk, SVN 3.0, or
the tarball and if so which one tarball version?  Since you're using
Feisty, you should really be using the SVN trunk since it corrects a
bug allowing hot-plug of the USRP to be correctly recognized (at
least on real machines; I've had issues with this on a virtual
machine running Feisty).  Thus also: Is this a real machine or a
virtual machine?

Also, can you send a little more of the error print-out?  Knowing
that there were errors in mblock/src/lib doesn't pin down the actual
issue(s).

I assume you haven't done "sudo make install" since the compile
broke.  If this is the case, then any of the examples won't run
properly since they rely upon a correct install. - MLD
Adrian Kueng wrote:

> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

> Dose any body now, what I have to do in order to fix this Errors?

It's possible this is the "linking problem" as documented in the
UbuntuInstall wiki page:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UbuntuInstall

Try this:

$ cp /etc/ld.so.conf /tmp/ld.so.conf
$ echo /usr/local/lib >> /tmp/ld.so.conf
$ sudo mv /tmp/ld.so.conf /etc/ld.so.conf
$ sudo ldconfig

...and then re-run make in the GNU Radio directory.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC

I guess I build my troubles by many tries to install all the packages
correctly and might be the Update from Edgy to Feisty added some
troubels.