Forum: Ruby on Rails postgres gem for postgresql82 macports

Eb96620826312516bb4a2d6deeee6688?d=identicon&s=25 Jean-Christophe Michel (Guest)

Just to tell I succeeded in compiling the postgres gem for the
postgresql82 macports with the line:

sudo gem install postgres -- --with-pgsql-include=/opt/local/include/
postgresql82/ --with-pgsql-lib-dir=/opt/local/lib/postgresql82/

Jean-Christophe Michel
--
symetrie.com

Better Nested Set for rails:
http://opensource.symetrie.com/trac/better_nested_set
9bfadefda13ff3af339d27eb3fb379ca?d=identicon&s=25 Fred Lamuette (Guest)
Hi all,
I will have to deploy a RoR project at the customer's site.
How can I protect the code of the webapp ? Is there an obfuscator for
ruby ?

Do you think of another alternative ?
Thank you for your feedbacks.
Fred
5233478c51a92b6a1a5c970cbf3a42f3?d=identicon&s=25 Isak Hansen (Guest)
On 5/24/07, Fred Lamuette <fred.lamuette@laposte.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I will have to deploy a RoR project at the customer's site.
> How can I protect the code of the webapp ? Is there an obfuscator for ruby ?
>
> Do you think of another alternative ?
> Thank you for your feedbacks.

Search the archives of this group on
<http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk>, the topic's been
brought up a lot, at least once during the last week.

I think the consensus is to either:
#1 - host it yourself
#2 - put your faith in copyright law / legal measures. Any technical
solution is flawed anyway - if a computer can make sense of it, so can
a dedicated attacker.

Isak
9bfadefda13ff3af339d27eb3fb379ca?d=identicon&s=25 Fred Lamuette (Guest)
Your help is appreciated.
Hosting it myself is not possible, it is a customer requirement.
I dont want an ultimate solution but an minimum (does it make sense?)
one,
just to prevent things like, for instance, modifying easily a view...
Can we make a RoR app as a compiled executable ?
Ba3a00606eb530dcab2c4a6a59bf366d?d=identicon&s=25 Alain Ravet (Guest)
Fred,

  > Can we make a RoR app as a compiled executable ?

Please Google the archive.
This same question was asked 2 days ago, and the week before, and the
week before, and the week before....

Alain
9bfadefda13ff3af339d27eb3fb379ca?d=identicon&s=25 Fred Lamuette (Guest)
Sorry, it was just a part of my initial question
9dfe8c734b0f9b37a4e218425c0a2138?d=identicon&s=25 gene.tani@gmail.com (Guest)
On May 24, 7:54 am, "Fred Lamuette" <fred.lamue...@laposte.net> wrote:

> >   > Can we make a RoR app as a compiled executable ?
>
> > Please Google the archive.
> > This same question was asked 2 days ago, and the week before,
> > and the week before, and the week before....
>
> > Alain

Isak's answer is complete.
http://del.icio.us/tag/ruby+obfuscation

except this isn't rails-specific question
http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-talk-google?lnk=li
http://blog.zenspider.com/archives/2006/07/zenobfu...