Forum: Ruby on Rails Development Mode: Class reloading gone nuts!

9cace61bc2a5972d44d5e1a1b8c145af?d=identicon&s=25 Bram Whillock (bramski)
This is mostly that I've gone a bit crazy, but I'm looking for an
explanation of how class reloading works so I can try and debug this
issue....

I have a class...
class Event
    before_create :bootstrap_current_user
    def bootstrap_current_user
        ... saves the current user for this event...

class FriendRequestEvent < Event
end

So, in development mode, when I hit my controller, it culminates in a:
FriendRequestEvent.create()

but, I'm getting an exception in development mode only...
NoMethodError: boostrap_current_user for <#FriendRequestEvent>

for what possible reason could this occur?  I'm thinking maybe it's
got the wrong parent class?  Or somewhere else there's an Event class
being reloaded, but without the method??
1f2eadfb41362800ebc2cf211b91d0f7?d=identicon&s=25 javier ramirez (Guest)
hi,
> class Event
>     before_create :bootstrap_current_user
>     def bootstrap_current_user
>         ... saves the current user for this event...
>      end
> but, I'm getting an exception in development mode only...
> NoMethodError: boostrap_current_user for <#FriendRequestEvent>

I'm assuming you copy/pasted the code and error messages here. If so,
then your problem is your application seems to be looking for a
misspelled method BOOstrap_current_user, without the T. Just find for
that word in your code and you'll probably fix it.

regards,

javier ramirez