Forum: Ruby on Rails Where do 'logger.debug' statements go in a production enviro

0df56f2edb0d80e81c5c0ef1ca91690e?d=identicon&s=25 Joel Oliveira (Guest)
Specifically within the dreamhost environment (fastcgi)? (that's the
only place I've attempted deploying out to).

I've placed a few logger.debug statements in my application but don't
see them popping up anywhere - production.log, error.log ... and I
have no idea where it might be going out to?

Or should I use something like logger.error?

thanks for the help!

- J
0df56f2edb0d80e81c5c0ef1ca91690e?d=identicon&s=25 Joel Oliveira (Guest)
just tracked something down that said to try logger.warn and that
seems to be doing the trick.

carry on :)
6b554084eb8bcb53a1c97864d8c4ca0d?d=identicon&s=25 Husein Choroomi (Guest)
Rails uses built-in Ruby Logger class and sets logging level based on
running environment.

INFO for production and DEBUG for all other environments.

As you can see from the Ruby documentation, the order of levels is
FATAL, ERROR, WARN, INFO, DEBUG and logger only logs messages in lower
levels, so it doesn't log debug messages when the level is INFO.

Look here for more info:

- H

On 5/23/07, Joel Oliveira <> wrote:
> thanks for the help!
> - J

Husein Choroomi,
Yucca Intelligence Development

We make the web a better place!
0df56f2edb0d80e81c5c0ef1ca91690e?d=identicon&s=25 Joel Oliveira (Guest)
This is all extremely helpful information.  Thank you, Husein, for the
follow up with all the goods!

- Joel