Forum: Ruby Newbie: IIS

2ff5c78bd73bf3a9220fde8783f5d955?d=identicon&s=25 Pie (Guest)

Sorry I just start to learn ruby and I want to run on IIS (win 2003).
Please
show me how .

regards,
97550977337c9f0a0e1a9553e55bfaa0?d=identicon&s=25 Jano Svitok (Guest)
On 5/21/07, Pie <pie2000@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry I just start to learn ruby and I want to run on IIS (win 2003). Please
> show me how .
>
> regards,

You probably mean rails. Those are two different things: ruby is a
programming language, and you don't need a webserver to run a ruby
program. You can run many of them from the command-line. Rails or
RubyOnRails is a web application framework, that is written using this
language. Go to rubyonrails.com and browse wiki, I'm sure you will
find something there.

If you are indeed looking for Rails, I advice you to start with
webrick or mongrel before you get familiar with it. It's much easier
and you don't have to mess with IIS until you know the rails, have the
basics of your application etc.

http://made-of-stone.blogspot.com/2006/01/rails-on...
read through it, get a feeling if it sounds feasible, and then start
with webrick or mongrel.

J.