Forum: Ruby on Rails Circumventing migrations.

99cf7b2e415a049297b89cea75473d3a?d=identicon&s=25 em00guy (Guest)
Hello everyone. I'm just beginning my journey with rails and I have
many questions though I'll start with just one. I was wondering what
happens if you undermine a migration by changing the database schema
manually. For example. I generate a model and in the first migration I
create a table with an fname and lname column. I then manually remove
the lname column using my favorite SQL administration tool. Forgetting
that I've made that manual alteration I then create a second migration
that adds and email column. When i apply that migration will the model
be aware that the db structure was modified outside of the migration
sequence and re-apply the missing column? Thanks much.
F5d61a3c93217e393cfdf7bf5c7ac628?d=identicon&s=25 Michael D. Ivey (Guest)
> I was wondering what happens if you undermine a migration by
> changing the database schema
> manually.

Don't do that.  You'll be happier.
6e9db38e16957cc51cf9cee9de399249?d=identicon&s=25 dasil003 (Guest)
No it won't.