Forum: Ruby on Rails Customizing the Ok/Cancel buttons for in_place_editor

8ac1f4de9d8b599ae7d4e09f53d570ec?d=identicon&s=25 H. Wade Minter (Guest)
Is there an easy way to get the in_place_editor to use image-based
submit and cancel buttons?  Or does that involve hacking the
javascript directly?

--Wade
813f535246722b7bf02aacc9ce818de8?d=identicon&s=25 Bob Showalter (Guest)
On 5/16/07, H. Wade Minter <minter@lunenburg.org> wrote:

> Is there an easy way to get the in_place_editor to use image-based
> submit and cancel buttons?  Or does that involve hacking the
> javascript directly?

You can pass options to change the text of the submit button and
cancel link, but to use image buttons I think you would need to hack
the javascript. You'd be overriding the
Ajax.InPlaceEditor.createForm() method.

If you look towards the bottom of
http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Aja...,
you'll see some approaches to customizing the JS without directly
hacking the scriptaculous files.