Forum: Rails deployment New to Rails, hopefully this is an easy one

7a0237a8c808db7572e49984372d5c6b?d=identicon&s=25 furfey@gmail.com (Guest)
I'm looking to bring up 3 different rails apps on one box.  Each as a
subdomain.

app1.site.edu
app2.site.edu
app3.site.edu

I won't have to worry about speed, load, etc., as I'm just looking to
test them with a small user population for a while.

What's the best/simplest route to take?  Can anyone point to some
documentation.  I keep reading about mongrel/nginx, but I'm not sure I
need that.
A3e4e420de2ebd8606931148c3ffe277?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Johnson (Guest)
Depending on your environment, LightSpeed (http://litespeedtech.com/)
might be your best bet wrt getting these three sites up fast.

The install takes about 10 minutes on OSX, *nix, etc. and
configuration isn't too bad. They have a preconfigured setup for
Rails...

Chris

--
Best Regards,

Chris
Ce672f78218dbe756f77455d61edaef4?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Abad (Guest)
+1
Aside from pointing your browser directly at a mongrel, LiteSpeed is
probably the easiest and simplest way to get several rails apps up
and running quickly.