Forum: Ruby on Rails Monit apache2 and fastcgi

8520bd1ba7ef07ee81484fbda8ef4cbb?d=identicon&s=25 Henrik Ormaasen (Guest)
I've installed monit to stop my server hanging (don't know why, it's
an dual-core processor and 2gb memory, wich should be plenty for our
needs).

I should like to also monitor the fastcgi processes, but I can't find
any pidfile. How can I monitor that?

- Henrik
On 14 May 2007, at 20:01, Henrik Ormaasen wrote:

> I've installed monit to stop my server hanging (don't know why, it's
> an dual-core processor and 2gb memory, wich should be plenty for our
> needs).

fcgi could well be your problem here if you're using Apache, it gave
me nothing but stale processes. I then moved to Lighttpd + FCGI for a
while and now our servers use Apache 2.0 + Pound + Mongrel cluster or
Apache 2.2 + Mongrel cluster and it's never been more stable than
this (although memory use is a bit higher, but with 2 GB of memory
this clearly isn't an issue).

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
813679171280808f051b5754c9db45a6?d=identicon&s=25 Wes (Guest)
If you're using spawn-fcgi, look at the "-P" flag mentioned in this
ticket...

http://trac.lighttpd.net/trac/ticket/137

Wes Ratcliff

On May 14, 1:01 pm, Henrik Ormaasen <henrik.orma...@sos-rasisme.no>