Forum: Ruby Re: rubyscript2exe - cannot execute binary problem

67bb4df2775f6a6b603347dce7119571?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
I forgot to say: I  am using Linux Suse 10.2 to create the binary, and
the binary
on a computer running Suse 9.3 and on one running Aurox 11... shouldn't
executables normally run on  any version of Linux ?

Best regards,

6b0967f63d03e99b6c07a3f5ed224c77?d=identicon&s=25 Erik Veenstra (Guest)
> ...when I copy the executable to another computer, I get the
> following error for the script :
>  /bin/sh: /tmp/eee.appl2_linux.2/bin/ruby: cannot execute
>  binary file
> ...shouldn't the executables normally run on any version of
> Linux ?

No, they shouldn't:

* Linux runs on a lot of architectures, e.g. executables
  compiled for i386 won't run on PPC.

* Unless compiled statically, executables and libraries depend
  on other libraries. If these libraries aren't installed, or
  installed with a different version, you might run into

I guess, you're running into dependency problems.

BTW, please use the latest version of a tool when reporting
bugs. You're using either RubyScript2Exe 0.5.0 or 0.5.1, while
the latest is 0.5.2. (BTW, updating to 0.5.2 won't solve your
problems... :})

Erik V. -