Forum: GNU Radio software radio reception delay

D3a6ebcacb90235b3388ddfd7f575a34?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Hi all,

I am a new user of USRP and I am a bit surprized about the "latency" of
reception: I have tried and a hardware scanner at the
frequency and I have observed, that the software radio is about 0.3-0.5
seconds delayed after the hardware radio. DO you know the reason for
behavior, is it inherent to the software approach, or it can be avoided
smarter coding? In some raio applications, such latencies are obviously
not acceptable.

Best regards,
On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 02:54:47PM +0200, Jiri Pittner wrote:
> Best regards,
> Jiri

See comentary in last week's postings about two clock problem with
USRP and audio.