Forum: Ruby erlang/ruby bridge (sorta re: Joe Armstrong RubyConf thread)

Ce8b03e5750097942c58e12b46724312?d=identicon&s=25 Giles Bowkett (Guest)
http://www.rubyinside.com/erlang-ruby-bridge-its-e...
http://nullstyle.com/2007/5/9/erlectricity-hi-ruby...

I'm a n00b with Erlang, but it looks to me as if essentially Erlang's
playing client and Ruby's playing server.

--
Giles Bowkett

I'm running a time management experiment: I'm only checking e-mail
twice per day, at 11am and 5pm. If you need to get in touch quicker
than that, call me on my cell.

Blog: http://gilesbowkett.blogspot.com
Portfolio: http://www.gilesgoatboy.org
2f717e37b332d7816dbf732b3fc8ee72?d=identicon&s=25 Dmitrii 'Mamut' Dimandt (Guest)
On May 10, 10:43 pm, "Giles Bowkett" <gil...@gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.rubyinside.com/erlang-ruby-bridge-its-e...

> I'm a n00b withErlang, but it looks to me as if essentiallyErlang's
> playing client and Ruby's playing server.

It's neither :)

There is an Erlang process and Ruby code acting as an Erlang node.
They are completely the same from the point of view of Erlang VM.

In fact, you'll *want* your Erlang node to be the server and Ruby node
to be your client. The example simply demonstrated how Ruby could be
used to communicate with Erlang using electricity