Forum: Radiant CMS Problem installing extension

096c2c331fa0c946d103e9038930f80e?d=identicon&s=25 Achim Domma (Guest)

I have just updated my radiant gem to the latest version. Then I
created a new application which works fine so far. Then I installed
the Gallery Extension from http://darcs.bigchieflabs.com/radiant/
extensions/gallery/rdoc/, following the instructions. But when I call
rake radiant:extensions:gallery:install, I get the following error:

rake aborted!
uninitialized constant AppExtension

I have no idea what's going on. Any hint how to debug?

regards,
Achim
D03835ee1210e4251e8c1a3976a38bc5?d=identicon&s=25 Andrea Franz (Guest)
I'll try the gallery extension with the latest version of radiant
asap..let me know if you find the bug!!!
thank you ;)

Il giorno 10/mag/07, alle ore 15:21, Achim Domma ha scritto:

> I have no idea what's going on. Any hint how to debug?
>
> regards,
> Achim

-----
Andrea Franz

andrea@bigchief.it
http://bigchieflabs.com/blog/
http://think.bigchief.it
8802b1fa1b53e2197beea9454244f847?d=identicon&s=25 Sean Cribbs (Guest)
Generally, when you run into the unintialized constant ___Extension
error, it means a directory is misnamed.  The reason for this is
Radiant takes the directories under vendor/extensions one by one and
transforms them into class names like so:

fuzzy_bears => FuzzyBearsExtension
page_attachments => PageAttachmentsExtension

This is how Radiant finds the extension file and class.  That said, I
suspect you checked out/exported the extension directly into
vendor/extensions (it's looking for an AppExtension which would be in
the 'app' directory -- a standard directory *inside* individual
extensions).  You should delete the files and try again, with checking
out the files into vendor/extensions/gallery.

Sean
p.s. FuzzyBears are dead... Long live FuzzyBears! ;)
096c2c331fa0c946d103e9038930f80e?d=identicon&s=25 Achim Domma (Guest)
Thanks for your detailed answer! Radiant seems to have some problems
with my Sqlite installation, but using MySQL and following your
advice, I was able to install the gallery extension.

regards,
Achim