Forum: Ruby on Rails Dynamic counter?

26428b76b6e3b9173ff0d1ab10da8139?d=identicon&s=25 Ram (Guest)

   In a form I have a text area T and a disable text field C (for
counter).
   C must show dynamically how many characters have been typed in T.
Should
   I go in for a Javascript solution (or Ajax) or is there any other
way?

   Thanks,
   Ram.
8d1e089fd6a6703f5f13dbee271aa77c?d=identicon&s=25 Yuri Leikind (Guest)
Hey

I think things like this are solved by one simple line of javascript.

Cheers,
Yuri

>    Thanks,
>    Ram.
>
> --

Best regards,
Yuri Leikind
F5d61a3c93217e393cfdf7bf5c7ac628?d=identicon&s=25 Michael D. Ivey (Guest)
>    In a form I have a text area T and a disable text field C (for
> counter).
>    C must show dynamically how many characters have been typed in T.
> Should
>    I go in for a Javascript solution (or Ajax) or is there any other
> way?

I needed something similar a few months ago, and wrote some simple
helpers:
http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/2875