Forum: Radiant CMS DreamHost

C29d5f19f2bc5c2722abb157023dd199?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Hello all!

I'm wondering who all is running Radiant on Dreamhost. I'm wondering if
anyone has a solution to a host which has FastCGI set to max 5 dynamic
dispatch.fcgi. I am having serious scaling issues with Radiant right now
on DreamHost: Specifically, with 5 dispatchers that launch and heavy
traffic, these 5 dispatchers hit well past 200MB usage, and my host is
auto-canning my dispatchers. I have read repeatedly around the net the
best way to control this is to set FastCGI to static and set to 2
processes; However, I can not put FastCgiConfig into .htaccess as I get
an
error that it does not belong there; On top of this, there is no way to
access http.conf. Any ideas? This is killing me and I'm either going to
have to change hosts or change CMS unless I can work out something soon.
My traffic is increasing steadily and is about to take another jump
because of a partnership and I have no option to move to another host at
this time. Ideas?
75ceef25624b3e44943a3b7319ba9612?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Schumann (torgo)
Hello... uhm... thoth.

I have one production Rails site on Dreamhost, and my recommendation is
move to another host now. It will be painful, but less painful than if
you
wait.

Chris
C29d5f19f2bc5c2722abb157023dd199?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Hello Chris!

Well, I was dreading that. I'd been running --fairly-- smooth up until
today, when my site went totally haywire. I don't know if it was me or
other causes, but Powerbar is having severe issues right now and no clue
what to do about it; The new support form they made does NOT work at
all;
It makes it to the end where you submit it, and it hangs on the
submission
portion, so I can't even get ahold of them. I can do the other form of
submission (automated) but it just comes back saying everything is fine.

Thanks Chris
Andrew
6ada7b467b3cce5cc13c4f09d69fd275?d=identicon&s=25 Topper Nineten (topper910)
on 2009-07-23 13:45
On the top comment I would contact Dreamhost support direct they are
usually helpful.  My experience has been fine using rails on Dreamhost
so far.  I found that it was not the best place to fully deploy a rails
environment, but if the development was done locally and the shared host
with limited access - Dreamhost, just handled the live environment with
the fastcgi I was fine.  I wrote an article here
http://topcweb.com/content/ruby-rails-setup
2219b363feb10ee316dbb7ad9741114f?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Morrow (benmorrow)
on 2009-08-14 21:52
I have a few sites on Dreamhost and I'm wondering if there is a reason
you elected to not use Passenger. I'm running Private Servers with
Passenger and memcron running to manage the RAM allocation.