Forum: Ruby on Rails WARNING! Noobster Question on Radrails for OS X

De1b712b5772701a1864960976ed7e9b?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel Ahn (Guest)
Hi, I successfully installed Locomotive, mySQL and mySQL Admin, JavaRE,
and
Radrails on a quad G5 OS X 10.4.9.

I configured the Radrails correctly, I believe, pointing everything to
the
appropriate files in the Locomotive folder (e.g.
/Applications/Locomotive2/Bundles/standardRailsMar2007.locobundle/powerpc/bin/rails

for the Rails path).

However, when I click on the launch browser button with a new project
already created, it first asks me if I want to start the server, at
which I
say yes.  It then says "Starting server" and the barber shop thing keeps
rolling, but the server never starts!

I'm wondering if Radrails has a bug...in my Googling I stumbled upon a
post
that seemed to imply that.  I'm wondering if there is an alternative IDE
that you all would recommend, perhaps TextMate?  Though it's a bit
pricey
for my budget...

Thank you for reading,

Daniel "Nuby"

--
"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
In

Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how
can
we know the way?"

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes
the Father except through Me.  If you had known Me, you would have known
My
Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."

John 14:1-10
4c4c46ad9a5e4df8ba4ea8353e19c2fd?d=identicon&s=25 Curtis Edmond (Guest)
I'd say go with Textmate, I use it everyday. It's quite simply, the
bee's knees.
744b6438d1457d332d1a8d431cc2b641?d=identicon&s=25 andrew.ohnstad@gmail.com (Guest)
Seconded... Textmate is in-farking-credible.  It's the first piece of
demoware I have actully registered in ages.  Locomotive has a ctrl-
click -> "edit in textmate" menu item that launches the entire project
in textmate.  Textmate has a 30 day demo try it, I think you'll like
it.
De1b712b5772701a1864960976ed7e9b?d=identicon&s=25 Dannyboy (Guest)
Ok...thanks for the suggestions...I'll give Textmate a go.  Thank you
thank you!

On May 4, 9:14 am, "andrew.ohns...@gmail.com"
A73f446eaaf56db0aeaa578aa373989b?d=identicon&s=25 Terry Donaghe (Guest)
If you're still having problems...

Rather than going with Locomotive, you might want to consider building
it
all yourself.  Sounds scary, but I'm a noob and I did it by following
this
tutorial:

http://hivelogic.com/narrative/articles/ruby-rails...

I think in building it yourself you gain a greater degree of
flexibility.  I
know in using InstantRails on Windows (which is similar to Locomotive),
had to make sure to put my projects within the InstantRails directory
structure.  You may be having a similar problem.

As for RadRails, I use it along with Eclipse and I've never had a
problem.

--
Terry (TAD) Donaghe
http://tadspot.tumblr.com