Forum: Ruby on Rails single sing on with PHP

F734b6ca0eb2ebd01744224437a72498?d=identicon&s=25 Harm de Laat (Guest)
Hi all,

For our next project we are required to integrate a rails application
with a
PHP application.
The PHP application is going to be used to authenticate users. When the
user
is logged into the PHP application, the user should automatically be
logged
into the Rails application (Single Sign On).

What might be a good strategy to achieve this result? Maybe somebody did
something like this before?

Regards,

Harm
Aad37b5f7116c8d1f547d23b37566032?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Donald (destiney)
On 5/1/07, Harm de Laat <harmdelaat@gmail.com> wrote:
> For our next project we are required to integrate a rails application with a
> PHP application.
> The PHP application is going to be used to authenticate users. When the user
> is logged into the PHP application, the user should automatically be logged
> into the Rails application (Single Sign On).
>
> What might be a good strategy to achieve this result? Maybe somebody did
> something like this before?

Cookies are the easiest way I have found.  With a little effort you
could use sessions.. PHP sessions are plain text but ActiveRecord
sessions are serialized by default.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/

http://trac.rorcms.com/trac/cms/browser/doc/cms.png

I was wondering what program you used to create it :)

Thanks
Akshay
On 5/1/07, sthapit <sthapit@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Greg.  I was quickly browsing your site and came across your
> database schema
>
> http://trac.rorcms.com/trac/cms/browser/doc/cms.png
>
> I was wondering what program you used to create it :)

Omnigraffle.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/