Forum: Ruby on Rails BackgrounDRb on Windows

9abb652511a01f5e1772c42838df475e?d=identicon&s=25 fatcatt316@yahoo.com (Guest)

I need to use BackgrounDRb, but the newest version is not supported
for Windows.

1) Does anyone know where to get an older version of BackgrounDRb that
works with Windows?
2) Does anyone know if the 0.3 version of BackgrounDRb will support
Windows, and if so, when it will come out?

Thanks
On May 1, 2007, at 9:10 AM, fatcatt316@yahoo.com wrote:

> Thanks

  The old version that is win compatible is here:

svn checkout svn+ssh://developername@rubyforge.org/var/svn/backgroundrb

  I am not opposed to having 0.3.x work on windows but someone is
going to have to step up and make it work as I don't use windows at
all. I have tried to make the new version work but windows lack of
fork is a dealbreaker.

Cheers
-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz
-- Lead Rails Evangelist
-- ez@engineyard.com
-- Engine Yard, Serious Rails Hosting
-- (866) 518-YARD (9273)
Now my question is which version of acts_as_ferret works with win32...or
none, or do you use win32/process?
Thanks all!

>   The old version that is win compatible is here:

547eb890c12c9580734ea1458a19e940?d=identicon&s=25 Purab Kharat (purab)
on 2008-10-24 06:04
fatcatt316@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to use BackgrounDRb, but the newest version is not supported
> for Windows.
>
> 1) Does anyone know where to get an older version of BackgrounDRb that
> works with Windows?
> 2) Does anyone know if the 0.3 version of BackgrounDRb will support
> Windows, and if so, when it will come out?
>
> Thanks

Hello,
If you want to trying to run Backgroundrb on windows.

Use CYGWIN on windows and run Backgroundrb through CYGWIN command
Prompt.

Purab