Forum: Radiant CMS Mixed Radiant Install Versions

75a3319c1219bcd8cb46f7eb02a4868a?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Minton (Guest)
Just reading the new install instructions, recommending the use of the
Radiant Gem. Currently I have one site installed and configured using
Radiant Mental via SVN and the Radiant Gem (any version) is not
installed.

I need to build another site and host on the same Apache. Would it be
better
to use the Radiant Mental via SVN again for this new site or install and
use
the latest Radiant Gem?

Also, is there a potential for conflict for mixing two install types?

Cheers, Ben.
6ec6f77ea603dd75b3a7a7775b059e79?d=identicon&s=25 John W. Long (Guest)
Ben Minton wrote:
> Just reading the new install instructions, recommending the use of the
> Radiant Gem. Currently I have one site installed and configured using
> Radiant Mental via SVN and the Radiant Gem (any version) is not installed.
>
> I need to build another site and host on the same Apache. Would it be
> better to use the Radiant Mental via SVN again for this new site or
> install and use the latest Radiant Gem?

Use the latest Gem to create the project. If you would like, you can
check Radiant out into the vendor/radiant directory via SVN to stay
current with trunk. The easiest way to do this is:

rake radiant:freeze:edge

> Also, is there a potential for conflict for mixing two install types?

No. It's just a matter of the code being shared in a common place in the
one case, and not in the other.

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com