Forum: GNU Radio Usrp Hardware setup

Melody S (Guest)

I  already have downloaded all the Usrp codes and Gnuradio code but when
go to this link  >>>   http://www.comsec.com/wiki?UsrpInstall     for
the
Usrp Hardware setup and try to run the     %tail -f /var/log/messages
command, it gives me this error >>>  No such file or directory

Do I need to run this command for the Usrp hardware setup and code
testing
or not? Because all the gnuradio code and Usrp codes are already made
and I
want to transfer them by USB and test them, but I keep getting errors.

I would appreciate your help.
Thanks
Dan Halperin (Guest)
Melody S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I  already have downloaded all the Usrp codes and Gnuradio code but when I
> go to this link  >>>   http://www.comsec.com/wiki?UsrpInstall     for the
> Usrp Hardware setup and try to run the     %tail -f /var/log/messages
> command, it gives me this error >>>  No such file or directory

This command is not necessary. Presumably you're not running a *n*x
system?

This is just to see whether you see log messages that reflect the USRP
insertion into the USB device stack.

-Dan