Forum: Ruby Fwd: Please Forward: Ruby Quiz Submission

Begin forwarded message:
Sorry for crouding an already busy thread, but I cannot keep my
curiosity!
James are we pulverizing the Ruby Quiz admission record with this one?

Here goes the stats so far, and sorry for wgetting all solution pages
without permission :-O.

 1. Quiz #  84: pp Pascal            Solutions: 55, Solvers: 52
 2. Quiz #  60: Numeric Maze         Solutions: 36, Solvers: 34
 3. Quiz #  67: metakoans.rb         Solutions: 34, Solvers: 34
 4. Quiz # 121: Morse Code           Solutions: 34, Solvers: 34
 5. Quiz #  92: DayRange             Solutions: 32, Solvers: 32
 6. Quiz #  76: Text Munger          Solutions: 32, Solvers: 32
 7. Quiz #  14: LCD Numbers          Solutions: 31, Solvers: 24
 8. Quiz #  93: Happy Numbers        Solutions: 29, Solvers: 27
 9. Quiz #  63: Grid Folding         Solutions: 29, Solvers: 27
10. Quiz #  61: Dice Roller          Solutions: 27, Solvers: 27

A suggestion I wanted to make for a while:
Would it not be appropriate to sort the Quiz Archives on the LHS of
the page in descending order, having the most recent quizzes on top of
the page?
Just an idea of course.

Cheers
Robert
On May 1, 2007, at 8:17 AM, Robert Dober wrote:

> James are we pulverizing the Ruby Quiz admission record with this one?

I don't think we've quite whipped pp Pascal.

Sorry I haven't got the solutions up yet.  I'm under the gun on a
work deadline and haven't had time to go through them.  I'll get to
it sometime tomorrow.

> A suggestion I wanted to make for a while:
> Would it not be appropriate to sort the Quiz Archives on the LHS of
> the page in descending order, having the most recent quizzes on top of
> the page?

Yes.  It has been brought up before.  There are issues with it
though, since the quiz site is maintained by scripts...

James Edward Gray II
On 5/1/07, James Edward Gray II <james@grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On May 1, 2007, at 8:17 AM, Robert Dober wrote:
>
> > James are we pulverizing the Ruby Quiz admission record with this one?
>
> I don't think we've quite whipped pp Pascal.
So there will be suspension; great.

> Sorry I haven't got the solutions up yet.  I'm under the gun on a
> work deadline and haven't had time to go through them.  I'll get to
> it sometime tomorrow.
Sure I did not even expect an answer so soon, you must be quite busy.

> > A suggestion I wanted to make for a while:
> > Would it not be appropriate to sort the Quiz Archives on the LHS of
> > the page in descending order, having the most recent quizzes on top of
> > the page?
>
> Yes.  It has been brought up before.  There are issues with it
> though, since the quiz site is maintained by scripts...
That was to be feared, no big deal anyway.

> James Edward Gray II

Robert
On May 1, 2007, at 8:23 AM, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> On May 1, 2007, at 8:17 AM, Robert Dober wrote:
>
>> James are we pulverizing the Ruby Quiz admission record with this
>> one?
>
> I don't think we've quite whipped pp Pascal.
>
> Sorry I haven't got the solutions up yet.  I'm under the gun on a
> work deadline and haven't had time to go through them.  I'll get to
> it sometime tomorrow.

The solutions are now online.  Sorry about the delay.

James Edward Gray II