Forum: Ruby on Rails map.resources, restricting to only /index and /show

181976602397443ce119909b9d82cae2?d=identicon&s=25 blinking bear (Guest)
Is there a way to restrict the routes that get generated by
map.resources to
only /index and /show?  On the frontend  have no need for edit and
delete.
6edd67c92a1dab5eb23fed79f3c18564?d=identicon&s=25 DHH (Guest)
> Is there a way to restrict the routes that get generated by map.resources to
> only /index and /show?  On the frontend  have no need for edit and delete.

That's done automatically. Just don't implement edit and destroy
actions on the corresponding controller. People will get a 406 Not
Supported reply if they try.