Forum: Ruby on Rails Youtube killer written in Ruby on rails

85669142efbf24c861742c874a33b168?d=identicon&s=25 fringo@tempinbox.com (Guest)
361ba1bcc1d2c5a8885dd093dbb96bb6?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Kovacs (Guest)
This joker's been spamming the mailing list quite a bit. Since he no
doubt knows this is a list full of developers perhaps he's looking
for some help
benchmarking his site?

ab -n 100000 -c 200 http://teenwag.com/playvideo/4841

That should lend a hand. Anyone else so kind as to help him out?
Perhaps once he has his benchmark completed he can stop spamming the
list.

-Michael
http://javathehutt.blogspot.com
3726bda7f0d852f7e8296fb0d69aa9e0?d=identicon&s=25 Andy Triboletti (Guest)
lol.  Another good idea is to write a quick email to adsense-
abuse@google.com noting the site and the publisher id.
85669142efbf24c861742c874a33b168?d=identicon&s=25 fringo@tempinbox.com (Guest)
Dear guys
we are using this ruby on rails
please try the site out and give constructive feedback
thanks
85669142efbf24c861742c874a33b168?d=identicon&s=25 fringo@tempinbox.com (Guest)
sorry about any unintended mails

On Apr 26, 4:37 pm, "fri...@tempinbox.com" <fri...@tempinbox.com>
85669142efbf24c861742c874a33b168?d=identicon&s=25 fringo@tempinbox.com (Guest)
guys please stop the site is down
486bc2e99e507e271cb2b8eaa6501b60?d=identicon&s=25 Mark (Guest)
on 2007-04-27 03:16
That should you teach a lesson to stop spamming the list and private
email addresses as well. Rubyists united!

fringo@tempinbox.com wrote:
> guys please stop the site is down
6ea82eb4189671b3686ff8a81e6ec199?d=identicon&s=25 El Gato (el-gato)
on 2007-04-27 04:20
Mark wrote:
> That should you teach a lesson to stop spamming the list and private
> email addresses as well. Rubyists united!
>
> fringo@tempinbox.com wrote:
>> guys please stop the site is down

On a related, but more upbeat note... does anyone have any advice on
publicizing new websites?  I'm a little stumped about how to really get
the word out.  Without knowing someone with a high traffic blog or
something I'm sort of short on ideas.  In other words... I feel for this
guy.
3726bda7f0d852f7e8296fb0d69aa9e0?d=identicon&s=25 Andy Triboletti (Guest)
If you're short on ideas, how are you doing on cash?  Search engines
are probably the most popular way to get a site going.

If you can't get in the rankings organically, and have a good amount
of $, pay per click works to get you some visitors.
6ea82eb4189671b3686ff8a81e6ec199?d=identicon&s=25 El Gato (el-gato)
on 2007-04-27 05:02
Andy Triboletti wrote:
> If you're short on ideas, how are you doing on cash?  Search engines
> are probably the most popular way to get a site going.
>
> If you can't get in the rankings organically, and have a good amount
> of $, pay per click works to get you some visitors.

Yeah, I'm looking at Google AdWords as we speak.  The site is a
reddit/digg/whatever style website, so I'm not quite sure what words I
would use....  Boy, I really didn't know that it would be this hard to
surpass the 1 user mark ;)  It's such a chicken-egg thing.  I mean, you
want to know some people actually find it interesting before you invest
too much time or money in it, but it seems that it's entirely possible
that you need to invest the money to get some interested users.  Anyone
know how digg, flickr, whatever else (reddit I can guess on... Paul
Graham)  gained its popularity?  Some of these sites just seem to appear
on the internet radar and I have no idea how.
B09a3f6cdc4797532647d2d264b5df49?d=identicon&s=25 Jodi Showers (jshow)
On 26-Apr-07, at 11:02 PM, El Gato wrote:

> would use....  Boy, I really didn't know that it would be this hard to
> on the internet radar and I have no idea how.
There are a great number of ideas that you can use to promote your
service (and some bad ones as we've seen lately from mr. teenwag)

Here's a good place to start:
  http://www.robertoalamos.com/30-ways-to-promote-yo...
with-little-or-no-money

Cheers,
Jodi
General Partner
The nNovation Group inc.
www.nnovation.ca/blog
9dfe8c734b0f9b37a4e218425c0a2138?d=identicon&s=25 gene.tani@gmail.com (Guest)
On Apr 26, 4:24 pm, Michael Kovacs <kov...@gmail.com> wrote:

> -Michaelhttp://javathehutt.blogspot.com
>
> On Apr 26, 2007, at 4:14 PM, fri...@tempinbox.com wrote:
>
> >http://teenwag.com/playvideo/4841

I noted Google groups deleted all his posts, and this teenwag site is
*really* slow.

BTW, you forgot the -k keepalive switch:
ab -n 100000 -kc 200 http://teenwag.com/playvideo/4841

http://www.macgeekery.com/tips/troubleshooting/str...