From: doug [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:22:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Radiant] Apache 1.3 + FastCGI shared hosting problems

hi All,

John W. Long wrote:

  1. A library or file that dispatch.cgi is using wasn’t found or has the
    wrong permissions

The premature end of script headers means that the script is dying
before it can even start up.

BTW, you are using CGI not Fast CGI. Is this intentional? CGI is not
considered to be production worthy for Rails apps.

I am getting the same kind of error (only running under
apache2+mod_fcgid on debian sarge)

I also get this:

[Wed Apr 25 15:45:50 2007] [notice] mod_fcgid: server
/var/www/radiant-test/public/dispatch.fcgi(30212) started
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/radiant-0.6.0/vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails_generator/lookup.rb:33:in
expand_path': couldn't find HOME environment -- expanding ~’
(ArgumentError)

permissions look fine.

unsure if thats a helpful addition, but thought i’d flag it anyway.

cheers,

doug lang tel: +44 (1273) 808949
*nix sysadmin http://www.netdotnet.net/
technical consultant mailto:[email protected]

Radiant mailing list
Post: [email protected]

David A. wrote:

/config/eviroment.rb

Add line: ENV[‘HOME’] = ‘/home/davidlt’ #just change “davidlt” yo our
user. On some hosting RoR doesn’t work without it.

thanks for that… odd that that would be a showstopper.

cheers,

doug lang tel: +44 (1273) 808949
*nix sysadmin http://www.netdotnet.net/
technical consultant mailto:[email protected]

I wonder if I have the same problem! I do not understand whose ‘HOME’
we
are trying to set a pointer to. For example, I froze my radiant app so
my
directory structure is as follows:
/var/www/vhosts/[domain]/httpdocs/[myRadiantApp]/vendor/radiant