Forum: Rails deployment How to run "freeze_gem" on godaddy share hosting?

B3097c41693deabdd3a3dc2d287d5ea5?d=identicon&s=25 Modpriest Kexh (modpriest)
on 2007-04-25 08:26
How to run "freeze_gem" on godaddy share hosting?
36af61ea50e1720c96f04bf807c377e8?d=identicon&s=25 Randall Potter (Guest)
That seems counter intuitive.  Are you sure that you want to freeze gems
on the hosting server?  You're just going to end up with the same gems
that will be loaded anyway.  Unless this is a version control issue....

Either way, you're better off freezing in your development environment
rather than on the server and then uploading.

50c1f2f516dfe5b6256ec9f62a949ba6?d=identicon&s=25 Marlon Moyer (Guest)
sorry, I wasn't that clear on that step.  You need to freeze your gems
in your development environment before you upload your project.

On 4/25/07, Modpriest Kexh <> wrote:
> How to run "freeze_gem" on godaddy share hosting?
> --

"In my head there is a mirror
When I've been bad, I've been wrong
Food for the saints that are quick to judge me
Hope for a Badman
This is the Badman's Song"