Forum: Ruby Concatenate 2 PDF documents

13e4ba7f654dbbdd186d702c06c8b24c?d=identicon&s=25 Morten (Guest)
Hi.

Anyone know if there's a library out there that supports concatenation
of 2 PDF documents?
Basically I need to append b.pdf to a.pdf.

Br,

Morten
Ad7805c9fcc1f13efc6ed11251a6c4d2?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Young (regularfry)
Morten wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Anyone know if there's a library out there that supports concatenation
> of 2 PDF documents?
> Basically I need to append b.pdf to a.pdf.

http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/
Be9f5eca2661acace327b45f8b1acabf?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
> Hi.
>
> Anyone know if there's a library out there that supports concatenation
> of 2 PDF documents?
> Basically I need to append b.pdf to a.pdf.

http://www.lowagie.com/iText/

There's an example included called Concat.java that does exactly that.

iText is not written in Ruby, but despite this shortcoming it is a very
good piece of software ;-)

  Kristian
Af59b773b8812a90dde7ebd282d652c6?d=identicon&s=25 Morten (Guest)
elof@elof.dk wrote:
> iText is not written in Ruby, but despite this shortcoming it is a very
> good piece of software ;-)
>
>   Kristian

Thanks for the tips. I was secretly hoping for a Ruby only solution, or
one that did not require me to have my hosting provider install Java.

The pdftk port has an awful lot of dependencies. It seems that
ImageMagick can do it: convert some.pdf other.pdf output.pfd - I'll be
looking into that.

Br,

Morten