Forum: Ruby on Rails file upload

0b119a0054ac02e180950a8d247a4fbe?d=identicon&s=25 Selvaraj (Guest)
on 2007-04-20 13:47
Hai

  Give me an example for file upload. And tell me which one is better
storing the file in our public(rails folder structure) folder is better
or database?

regards
selvaraj
0b119a0054ac02e180950a8d247a4fbe?d=identicon&s=25 Selvaraj (Guest)
on 2007-04-20 13:50
Selvaraj wrote:
> Hai
>
>   Give me an example for file upload. And tell me which one is better
> storing the file in our public(rails folder structure) folder is better
> or database?
>
> regards
> selvaraj

hai

 i forgot to tell u that i want to upload the text file(like .txt
,doc,xls)
6ef8cb7cd7cd58077f0b57e4fa49a969?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Hogan (Guest)
Questions like that are usually ignored in a community of volunteers.
Many
consider this type of question a "demand that you do it for me". Perhaps
you
should rephrase that with something like

"Hey, I'm trying to upload a file to my site, and after following the
directions at <insert site here>, I'm stuck. Can anyone look at my code
and
tell me where I went wrong?

You should be able to search Google for "rails upload files" and find
your
answers. There are several Rails plugins that will help you out and have
excellent documentation with working examples.

Good luck... remember, if you get stuck implementing one of your
solutions,
I'm sure  someone will help you if you can show some code :)
4a79f6a97e31b1d13b239e7f52187674?d=identicon&s=25 Joon You (joonee)
Is this directed at your employee or a student?  If not, we should
exercise little civility here.
316c03a99e8ed311e5462d94f085fc2e?d=identicon&s=25 John Ivanoff (Guest)
or maybe we could point them to previous discussions on this topic.

http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk/se...
or http://tinyurl.com/yq77w3

but yes, we should be polite.

just my two cents.

John
1f9d9a9efc2f523b2f09629444632b5c?d=identicon&s=25 John (Guest)
on 2007-04-20 16:39
John Ivanoff wrote:
> or maybe we could point them to previous discussions on this topic.

http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk/se...
> or http://tinyurl.com/yq77w3
>
> but yes, we should be polite.
>
> just my two cents.
>
> John

hai guys,

  This is not good,If u know the answer u can tell. Otherwise dont
advise to unknow people. You may familiar with this group. Dont expect
to evry one.

   When u people getting this kind of behavior.After getting some
knowledge or from born itself.