Forum: Ruby on Rails How to set up proxy for rails app?

Ff5f7b71299ae7fe64ee357b54a13bcf?d=identicon&s=25 Tomas Musil (Guest)
on 2007-04-18 15:03
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create simple rails app using NetBeans
( from scratch as
described here:

But there's a problem: since I'm behind proxy, and I'm trying to access
some resource outside (see class Flicker in enviroment.rb), app doesn't
work; when you type some tag, and hit Find, it ends with error

SocketError in FlickrController#search

getaddrinfo: no address associated with hostname.

Is there a way how to deal with it? I.e. pass somehow my proxy settings
to WEBrick? Or the problem has to be solved on the app side?? Thanks in
317497f11ceba4df9a994ba93cde6e32?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Walter (Guest)
You will probably need to look at the  source (or the docs for the
Flickr api).   I know the api uses Net::Http for communication which
does allow for using proxies.    Hopefully the flickr api gives you a
way to set the proxy server and port.

If not you may have to modify the flickr module to do this where you
see Net::HTTP.start:

    proxy_addr = ''
     proxy_port = 8080
     Net::HTTP::Proxy(proxy_addr, proxy_port).start('') {|

On Apr 18, 2007, at 8:03 AM, Tomas Musil wrote:

> access
> to WEBrick? Or the problem has to be solved on the app side??
> Thanks in
> advance.
> --

Scott F. Walter -

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in
overalls and looks like work" - Thomas Edison