Forum: Ruby on Rails Web Flow and the session method in ActionController

722873c7787fcfac50a49ddc4a09353c?d=identicon&s=25 (Guest)
Hi there,

I'm writing a port of Spring Webflow to Ruby on rails and I've
encountered quite a lot of difficulty finding how to override the
session[] method which is accessed via any ActionController.

I have my pseudo-code ready to implement, but I can't find the method
declaration to copy it's signature.

Also, if anyone wants to collaborate on this particular plugin, which
I called ActionFlow, please let me know. I'll be glad to share my
work. It's almost ready for testing and since I'm far from a Ruby
veteran, I'll need help on refactoring, optimization and testing.

Thanks a million !

722873c7787fcfac50a49ddc4a09353c?d=identicon&s=25 Luc Boudreau (Guest)
I forgot to mention, don't look for ActiveFlow on Rubyforge, the name is
already taken and I'm trying to reach the project admin to use this
The current admin doesn't have any files released yet...

2007/4/16, <>:
Luc Boudreau
D1f1c20467562fc1d8c8aa0d328def62?d=identicon&s=25 Florian Gilcher (skade)
on 2007-04-16 22:32
The session method is defined via

    attr_internal :session

in ActionController::Base

which itself is defined in ActiveSupport (file attr_internal.rb). The
interface is easy: it wraps a hash requests a symbol to read or write.

The method itself won't be the problem... the problem are other classes
that use it (like the Session management).

Have Fun
722873c7787fcfac50a49ddc4a09353c?d=identicon&s=25 Luc Boudreau (Guest)
I've just packaged the source code, if anyone wants to help.

NOTHING is tested yet. I didn't even execute the code once. I'm not a
genius, I'm barely good enough to write this. If you have nothing
constructive to say, don't say anything.

ALL COMMENTS ARE WELCOME though. I know that a lot of people will
from this plugin so it's time to participate and suggest improvements.

2007/4/16, Luc Boudreau <>:

> > I called ActionFlow, please let me know. I'll be glad to share my
> --
You have any suggestions ?

It's the only remaining architectural 'problem' I'm facing.