Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby on Rails Hosting that supports backgroundRB

0302b7a7f2b0264240b98e63ac8f7868?d=identicon&s=25 kiran (Guest)

Please help me to know rails web hosting that supports executuing
background jobs written in backgroundRB

Thanks
Kiran
588ab1c0a5610a7e160a3b101abb91e6?d=identicon&s=25 MichaelLatta (Guest)
Engine Yard uses virtualization technology to give you full root
access to your virtual site.  You can run background processes and
things like BackgroundRB no problem.  They do suggest that you not go
too wild with it as you will only hurt yourself, but it can be done.
I have yet to do this, but should be doing so soon.

Michael
Hi Kiran,
kiran wrote:

> Please help me to know rails web hosting that supports
> executuing background jobs written in backgroundRB

I'm running it on a VPS at a2hosting.com and am very happy with the
support.

hth,
Bill