Forum: Ruby on Rails session timeout

john (Guest)
on 2007-04-13 12:02
hi friends,

what is the default session timeout in ruby?

i m creating session variables by session[:var_name]=some value

but when i m trying to retrive value from session variables, sometimes
it gives me null .
but when i refresh the page, i again gives me value of session variable.
so whats the problem?
i m not getting.
please help me out someone.
Bill Walton (Guest)
Hi John,

john wrote:

> what is the default session timeout in ruby?

AFAIK, there isn't one.

> i m creating session variables by session[:var_name]=some value
>
> but when i m trying to retrive value from session variables,
> sometimes it gives me null .  but when i refresh the page,
> i again gives me value of session variable.
> so whats the problem?

Not sure what's causing the problem, but I don't think it's a session
timeout problem.  You'll need to post some code that demonstrates the
problem for us to help.

Best regards,
Bill