Forum: Ferret [AAF] concurrency in ferret-server

12c7b64bd20d1f48e49a964200bd79e8?d=identicon&s=25 Ryan King (Guest)
AFAICT, ferret_server should be able to handle multiple clients
writing to it at once, since ferret itself is thread safe. However,
it's not clear whether running concurrent index rebuilds on different
would be possible, since they run inside ferret_server. Anyone have
experience with this?

-ryan
C9dd93aa135988cabf9183d3210665ca?d=identicon&s=25 Jens Kraemer (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 02:39:48PM -0700, Ryan King wrote:
> AFAICT, ferret_server should be able to handle multiple clients
> writing to it at once, since ferret itself is thread safe. However,
> it's not clear whether running concurrent index rebuilds on different
> would be possible, since they run inside ferret_server. Anyone have
> experience with this?

As I wrote in my other mail regarding 0.11.4 problems, rebuild_index is
a problem since it trashes the whole index directory and starts from
scratch.

The fact that rebuild_index uses it's own Ferret::I instance for doing
this may be part of the problem. I do this to set auto_flush to false
when rebuilding the index.

Jens

--
Jens Krämer