Forum: Ferret disable indexing for an object

1cc3819533402344514d612e1bcfc5c1?d=identicon&s=25 Radu Spineanu (Guest)

I have a project where the user adds content to the database, but before
it's indexed they have to confirm it via email.

How can I disable indexing for just one particular object, and then
after confirmation let ferret know about it?

- Radu
C9dd93aa135988cabf9183d3210665ca?d=identicon&s=25 Jens Kraemer (Guest)
On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 02:13:24AM +0200, Radu Spineanu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a project where the user adds content to the database, but before
> it's indexed they have to confirm it via email.
>
> How can I disable indexing for just one particular object, and then
> after confirmation let ferret know about it?

please see
http://projects.jkraemer.net/acts_as_ferret/rdoc/c...
for information about how to disable ferret indexing for a record.

You can manually trigger the indexing of a record by calling
ferret_update on it.

Jens

--
Jens Krämer