Forum: Ferret 0.11.4 tidings

B6cd7ed5ace59d8694aa5cf9ef2e5142?d=identicon&s=25 Caleb Clausen (Guest)
I've tried 0.11.4, and it has not yet crashed, even after I removed
(most of) the workarounds. However, the same is also true of 0.11.3... I
haven't seen any of these crashes for several days, which is a very good
thing. I can't remember all the workarounds I did to sidestep the
crashing; some of them I don't want to reverse because they actually
were also substantial speedups. It's certainly possible that the
problems I saw were my own bugs, or the result of passing the wrong
parameters to ferret methods, which I've had problems with before...

I'll keep trying and do a big test overnight, but so far, the news
is..... ambivalent.

As far as the 64-bit warnings go, most are now gone, with one exception:

r_search.c: In function 'frt_td_to_s':
r_search.c:202: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 3
has type 'long int'

Dave, I'd like to thank you once again for your efforts in creating and
maintaining Ferret. You make great efforts even when given scant and
sketchy information about problems: that goes above and beyond the call
of duty. Your dedication is amazing!
B5e329ffa0cc78efbfc7ae2d084c149f?d=identicon&s=25 David Balmain (Guest)
On 4/7/07, Caleb Clausen <caleb@inforadical.net> wrote:
> is..... ambivalent.
Excellent!

> As far as the 64-bit warnings go, most are now gone, with one exception:
>
> r_search.c: In function 'frt_td_to_s':
> r_search.c:202: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 3
> has type 'long int'

This is easily enough fixed. Thanks for letting me know. It shouldn't
cause any problems in the mean time.

> Dave, I'd like to thank you once again for your efforts in creating and
> maintaining Ferret. You make great efforts even when given scant and
> sketchy information about problems: that goes above and beyond the call
> of duty. Your dedication is amazing!

You're welcome. I'm just happy people appreciate my work.

Cheers,
Dave