Forum: GNU Radio Mblocks

Be5dfde3a6091d83c00c15ddab0b6456?d=identicon&s=25 COLSON Nicolas RD-TECH-GRE (Guest)
Hi everyone,

We started working with the mblock extension for our reconfigurable
radio project. We went through the source code, understood how
everything's work and did some very small hacking to ease on the fly
reconfiguration.
Current status of the mblock development is almost sufficient for what
we want to do. However, the simulation speed is highly dependent on the
future multi-threaded runtime scheduler.
We then would like to know if you plan on working on it soon or if we
should implement the multi threaded property by ourselves.

Thanks in advance for the answer,

Nicolas Colson
On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 01:28:22PM +0200, COLSON Nicolas RD-TECH-GRE
wrote:
> We then would like to know if you plan on working on it soon or if we
> should implement the multi threaded property by ourselves.
>
> Thanks in advance for the answer,
> Nicolas Colson

I'm working on it right now.  The first working mblock scheduler will be
multi-threaded.  I have no plan for a single threaded scheduler.

I'll merge my developer branch into features/inband later today.
features/inband is where the mblock + usrp inband development is
taking place.  If you haven't already, you may want to subscribe to
commit-gnuradio <http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/MailingLists> or
watch the timeline in Trac.

Eric