Forum: Rails deployment Good Ubuntu Root-Access Dedicated Server?

Dcefb61e4a9752ef96bc42d5aff505d5?d=identicon&s=25 (Guest)
In January I moved a client off of dedicated hosting and moved them to
VPSLink.  I dug the VPS concept, but found myself chafing against the
limits of OpenVZ.

In the past couple of months I've moved two clients from Textdrive to
Debian environments on Slicehost, and I am happy with the outcome.
Yay Xen.

Now I have a project that requires gobs of disk space, so I'm looking
for a someone to provide a hardware-managed Ubuntu box on which I'd
have root access.  I'd use a VPS if I could find one with >300gigs of
storage, but I am of the impression that this is a pretty tall order.

I'll be googling furiously, but my experience shows that good hosting
companies can become mediocre-to-crap hosting companies in a short
timeframe.  I'm here to kneel before the Church of What's Happening
Now, baby.

Lars Lehtonen
E9cbfb803f4aa9eeeece6a3806a3eaec?d=identicon&s=25 Anthony Richardson (Guest)
On Friday 06 April 2007 8:16 am, wrote:
> I'd use a VPS if I could find one with >300gigs of
> storage, but I am of the impression that this is a pretty tall order.

have you considered using Amazon S3 storage from you current VPS. There
drivers available to mount the Amazon S3 as a local drive on Linux. You
have unlimited storage.

Bc50a89bc75c8f7dda50746164da92a4?d=identicon&s=25 Juan M. Blasco (Guest)
on 2007-04-09 21:48

look at RimuHosting (

I'm still testing my first Rails app with them, but offers all that you
are asking for:  an Ubuntu 6.10 Box Rails ready.

Good luck.

Juan M. Blasco, Madrid, Spain.
262933984309d87092cd4431c61e4d24?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Bailey (Guest)
You can also try SliceHost:

On 4/9/07, Juan M. Blasco <> wrote:
> Juan M. Blasco, Madrid, Spain.
> --