Forum: Ruby on Rails How To: Browser version, OS Version ??

212da48b391333fca006e0f0f13081e7?d=identicon&s=25 Lennard (Guest)
on 2007-04-05 22:11
Hi all,

What should do the trick If I want to find out what the clients Browser
Version en OS Version is? Is there a special kind of method for this?
(just like finding out what the ip of the client is with the following
method @request.remote_ip)

Thanks !!
Dfd6f9989147955682701da8227df8b4?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Wang (Guest)
Lennard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What should do the trick If I want to find out what the clients Browser
> Version en OS Version is? Is there a special kind of method for this?
> (just like finding out what the ip of the client is with the following
> method @request.remote_ip)
>
> Thanks !!

request.env['HTTP_USER_AGENT']

--