Forum: GNU Radio DBSRX and GPS - which gain?

815d7689c14621a2a5ed60b8bcde29b8?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Stankevitz (Guest)
What should I set the gain to ("set_gain()") when receiving GPS signals
on the DBSRX?  I've been trying to use the "guess and check" approach
with no luck.

Thanks,

Chris
Chris Stankevitz wrote:
> What should I set the gain to ("set_gain()") when receiving GPS
> signals on the DBSRX?  I've been trying to use the "guess and check"
> approach with no luck.

This is highly dependent on how much gain your active antenna provides,
how much feedline loss you have, etc.  Since the signal level is pretty
constant, I would increase the gain at least until the broadband noise
is at least about +/- 1000 ADC counts.  That will still give you 24 dB
of headroom

Matt